Skip to main content

Week #11A - Email Marketing

1. I think a monthly newsletter would be best - things like updates on how each project is going, what's coming down the pipe, and information about upcoming deals and sales. I don't believe enough progress would be made week to week to fill a weekly newsletter, and quarterly would be too infrequent for my tastes. I like it best myself when a developer is open with what's going on, and a monthly or bi-monthly newsletter could keep people in the loop without overwhelming them, or taking too long between.

2. I think ExposVRe could absolutely make good use of a newsletter. Release updates, project summaries, deals, sales, all that kind of stuff would be great content for a regular newsletter release.

  • Release updates let people know what's coming out, when it's coming out, and what to expect in each update. This gives people a clear view of what they can use the software for.
  • Project summaries let people know what's going on and what's the scope of each project, and how it can be applied to various healthcare situations.
  • Deals and sales give people a heads-up on what they can save money on, and how long each sale is going for. Something like this may need to be done outside of a regularly scheduled newsletter as well, as they'll more than likely come up more frequently than not.

Comments

  1. I also said that my business would do once a month emails. I wouldn't want to bother my customers by sending out too many emails. Once a month is good to let the customer know your thinking about them, but not bothering them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey,

    Great summary of your thoughts on when and how to email your target market. Might I add, this is my first time seeing your blog and it looks stunning! Great visuals, the site is so clean I could rub my glasses with it.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had similar thoughts about the frequency of the newsletter. if it’s too frequent, it can end up being annoying, but if it’s too infrequent, you become out of sight and out of mind. I agree that projects information will make good content for your newsletter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week #5B - Picking a Business

Business Name: ExposVRe Is it real?: It is not The business I'm going to be using for this course is one that I used for another course a few semesters back - a VR design company that makes programs for treating intense phobias in patients, especially ones that have difficulty getting exposure treatment in real life. The target market for this business is, by and large, places that can use the software and technology in their treatment plans for their patients - psychologists, hospitals, maybe even small groups that meet weekly/monthly to help work through the issues. By providing a solid product to a place like that, they can use it on a daily basis in a lot of different treatments for different patients, and licensing and production becomes the main source of income. A secondary market is individuals who want to use the product on their home devices. While not the direct place I'd be looking to make an impact, this market can be reached fairly easily, by simply providi
Week #1B - Blogs I commented on: https://csit155-fa19-hcliff.blogspot.com/ https://csit155-fa19-apagatpatan.blogspot.com/ https://csit155-fa19-bkarp.blogspot.com/